Ways to treat bursitis of the knee joint at home
Before talking about the signs of bursitis, you should understand the reasons for its development. In the basis of the occurrence of the disease are trauma and infection, intoxication, excessive exercise, metabolic, hormonal, and autoimmune disorders.
As a result of adverse external background in the Bursa (joint capsule) inflammation develops, interferes with the normal production of synovial fluid. Overflowing bag becomes a cause of swelling in the knee joint, the skin reddens, there is pain.
In the joint of the knee has many synovial tanks (over a dozen), each of which can become inflamed. Therefore, despite the common diagnosis is bursitis — inflammation different patients may have different from each other localization and symptoms. If the inflammation covered the front and top of the Cup of the knee, we are talking about prepatellar or suprapatellar form of the disease. If the inflammatory process is localized at the bottom of the kneecap, there is a suspicion of infrapatellar bursitis.
The distinctive forms of bursitis:
- Suprapatellar bursitis. For this form of the disease characterized by the presence of a rounded swelling at the top of the knee. The tumor is painful, soft to the touch, its size does not exceed 10 centimeters. Suprapatellar bursitis is characterized by a reduction of joint mobility, General malaise. Often patients have an increased temperature.
- Prepatellar bursitis. For this form is characterized by severe swelling and pain. Pathology is localized near the patellar tendon (above the Cup). Pain increases when trying of movement, and also due to physical exertion. Prepatellar bursitis most often transformirovalsya in the chronic stage of the disease.
- Infrapatellar bursitis. The pathology of this type covers about joints to the bag that is under the knee cap. The most common Infrapatellar bursitis among athletes, as they are more likely to injure other persons knees. A disease characterized by weakly pronounced symptoms. Sometimes there is pain (especially after exercise). Very rarely has stiffness in the knee on the background of swelling.
Under the treatment of bursitis in knee at home is understood as the application of compresses, lotions, rubbing alcohol, ointments, medical baths and tinctures for internal use.
Important! If the bursitis is infectious in nature, hot compresses can harm the condition of the affected joint.Compresses and lotions
Inflammation in the bursitis quickly removed following compresses and lotions:
- A compress made of ice. Pieces of ice applied to the affected joint for 15-20 minutes. Repeat the procedure several times a day.
- A compress of sugar. Heat in a clean pan heat the 2 tablespoons of sugar. To shift the heated sugar in a pouch of tissue. To make the fabric bag to the sore knee. For each subsequent procedure to take a new sugar.
- A compress of salt. First, prepare the saline solution: a tablespoon of salt dissolved in 500 grams of boiling water. Then to impregnate with a solution of a dense fabric and apply it to the affected joint. The compress is superimposed on all night.
- A compress of vodka. 100 grams of vodka (or alcohol) will need 10 grams of propolis. Before applying the mixture infuse for 5-7 days in a place devoid of access to direct sunlight.
- Compress from the Golden mustache. Dried plant crushed and applied on the problem area. The wrap is created by wrapping the knee with plastic wrap. From the top you can wrap the leg with a scarf.
- A compress of whole leaves of cabbage. Sheets carefully to stretch (to drip the juice), but to keep the integrity. Then apply cabbage leaves to the joint of the knee. Time for procedure — 45-60 minutes.
- A compress of cabbage gruel. Kneading the leaves to mess figuratively condition, and then apply the composition to the damaged leg. Fix the paste with plastic film and the scarf.
- Compress of aloe juice and honey. The components are mixed, based on the ratio: 2 parts honey and 1 part juice. The procedure lasts half an hour.
- A poultice of potatoes. Cut thin slices of potatoes and apply it on the problematic joint.
- A compress of lilac leaves. Kneading plucked the plant until the juice. The plant applied to the knee joint and fixing a compress with a wrap, a bandage or cloth. Compress to keep within the hour.
- A compress from the leaves of Kalanchoe. The leaves of the plant first to send in the freezer, and when they freeze, beat them with a wooden hammer on a Board. To attach the leaves to the affected bursitis joint.
- A compress of onion, honey and soap (best suited commercial). Mix chopped components and applied to the knee every day for 2-3 weeks.
- A compress of cherry leaves. Wash the leaves and applying them to the affected joint.
- Compress on the basis of rye bread. First, bake the onions, then crush the vegetable. Then create a mixture of milled soap and honey (one teaspoon) and baking soda (half teaspoon). To add to the composition puree of onions. The resulting composition of the cover freshly baked rye bread, fixing her bandage, polyethylene or thick cloth. The compress is superimposed on all night.
Rubbing is especially useful when running bursitis. Rubbing alcohol is used as a warming means. Alcohol penetrates into synovial bag (Bursa) and reduces the intensity of the inflammatory process.
Tested recipes rubbing alcohol:
- Tincture on the basis of ginger root. You will need the root length of 4-6 inches, which should be added to the capacity with 200 grams of vodka or alcohol. Infuse the composition within 5-7 days, after which add a little tincture of red pepper. To apply rubbing on the sore knee at night. Pounded place cover with warm bandage (scarf or piece of cloth).
- Tincture from the root of horseradish. Lower in alcohol root length of 4-6 cm by 5-7 days. The infusion liquid is filtered and added to the composition of the contents of balm "Asterisk". Rubbing to use for daily treatment of the patient's knee joint.
- Rubbing from the bark of the elm, and alcohol. Mix a handful of bark into a glass of alcohol and leave for weeks. To filter the composition and add a couple of tablespoons of tincture of propolis (in alcohol), and a tablespoon of honey.
- Rubbing on propolis. For the preparation of the composition, mix 10 grams of propolis with 150 grams of alcohol (or vodka). The final part will acquire a readiness in 7-10 days.
- Rubbing of horse chestnut and leaves of aloe. The crushed components of the mix and add the powdery mixture to alcohol. Period extract tincture 2 weeks.
Traditional medicine is only a part of complex therapy, which is based on the use of traditional medicines. Dimexidum is one of those drugs. With Dimexidum with bursitis of the knee joint combined 2% novocaine solution (20 ml), water (50 ml) and 1 ampoule of hydrocortisone. The Dimexidum will need 50 milliliters.
Components should be thoroughly mixed, after which the composition is impregnated gauze and apply it on the joint in a bandage for about an hour. On the day it is recommended to apply 2-3 compress on the basis of Dimexidum.Ointment
In the Arsenal of folk medicine there is and ointments to reduce symptoms of bursitis:
- The complex composition of honey, onions and soap. Grind the soap, add the chopped onion and a couple teaspoons of honey. The resulting mass applied to the leg for 30-40 minutes. After the procedure, wash away the traces of the ointment with warm water.
- Another ointment based on honey. 2 parts of honey to take 3 parts ethyl alcohol to 1 part aloe juice. Stir well the ingredients and use the resulting mass for the treatment of aching limbs. Apply the ointment daily for 2-3 weeks.
- Ointment on the basis of lilac flowers. To create ointments can be used as a fresh plant and dry powder purchased at a pharmacy. Two table spoons of lilac flowers to take 200 grams of lard (without salt). To put the components on a water bath, and cook on low heat for 35-40 minutes. Just before removing from the fire add a tablespoonful of tincture of propolis on alcohol. Strain the resulting composition through a cheesecloth and allow to cool. Apply several times a day for 2-3 weeks.
- Ointment fresh horsetail. For the preparation of the composition of the mince plucked horsetail. The resulting juice, add in the butter, based on the ratio: 10 parts oil to 1 part juice. Cooling the mixture in the refrigerator. Apply ointment morning and night, rubbing it into the diseased joint.
- Ointment fresh horsetail. 50 grams of finely chopped horsetail will need a glass of unsalted pork fat. Cook the mixture on a water bath for 60 minutes, after which the composition is filtered and cooled in the refrigerator.
Recipes baths for the feet:
- In a container of warm water and add pine needles (100-150 grams per liter of needles). Boil the composition for 15 to 20 minutes and then wait half an hour until bath infusions. A medical procedure is valid only after the inflammation went down, because otherwise you can aggravate the patient's condition of the joint.
- Bath in the dust of hay. Per kilogram of hay dust need 4-5 liters of water. Composition boil on low heat for 30 minutes. When the liquid has cooled to a tolerable temperature, to start taking baths. The procedure requires only 10 to 15 minutes.
Bursitis of the knee joint can be treated with infusions oral:
- A decoction of celery seed. 200 grams of boiling water to fill a tablespoon of the seeds of the plant, allow to cool and use as a drink.
- Tincture of burdock and St. John's wort. Chop plants and fill a tablespoon in 200 grams of boiling water.
- Grapefruit juice — has anti-inflammatory action.
- A decoction of burdock root. This decoction is only used burdock. 500 grams of water, take 2 tablespoons shredded root. Boil the composition for 10-15 minutes, then infuse for half an hour. To use after pre-filtration of broth.
- A decoction of St. John's wort and yarrow. Plants grind and mix together. Pour boiling water and infuse for 3 hours. Drink 30-50 grams three times a day before meals.
- A decoction of the buds of poplar. Per Cup of boiling water to take 4-5 teaspoons of the kidneys. Let stand composition for 2 hours, strain it and drink 2 tablespoons a day.
- A decoction of willow bark. A couple of tablespoons of raw materials to add in 500 grams of boiling water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Drink 3 teaspoons 3 times a day.
- The mixture of propolis with butter. 200 grams of butter to take 30-40 grams of propolis. Eat a teaspoon before meals. The course of treatment is 7 days.
- A decoction of horsetail. In half liter water add 2 tablespoons of horsetail. Boil the composition for 5 minutes. To give the liquid to cool and drink it 2 times a day immediately after a meal.
Cure bursitis at home only traditional medicine can't. Usually, folk remedies is only part of the complex therapy where compresses, rubbing and other non-traditional methods supplemented by medical treatment and physical therapy. Any traditional medicines it is recommended to use only after consultation with your doctor.