Bursitis of the joint
The causes of this disease are contusion, abrasion, minor wounds and secondary infection bursal microbes. In the cavity begins to accumulate fluid is a special fluid characteristic foci of inflammation. Then there is compression of adjacent tissues and in the intercellular space of "squeezed" transudate. There is swelling, pressure on nerve endings causes pain. Knee and elbow bursitis often occur as an occupational disease (there are even special terms "the jeweler's elbow", "elbow watchmaker," "miner's elbow", etc.).
Depending on which joint is affected, there are knee bursitis, hip bursitis, elbow bursitis, shoulder bursitis and other types of bursitis.
Often occurs in the shoulder, elbow and knee in men younger than 35 years old, especially athletes. Can be affected also hip, wrist or ankle. This is usually an occupational disease, but occurs in people with overweight or wearing improperly selected footwear.
Swelling can be about 10 cm in diameter. It appears because the volume of the articular bag abnormally increased. The excess of the normal sizes, for example, due to the blood. Rupture of blood vessels and bleeding occur as a result of a strong blow. Gradually blood elements are decomposed, and the blood turns into a yellow liquid. Occurs an exudative effusion. The resulting bag pulls the skin if a joint is shallow.
For bursitis is characterized by the deposition of salts in the walls of the articular bag – calcification. Calcium salts should not be held in them in the not dissolved form. This leads to dysfunction. To restore balance typically use the property of magnesium to dissolve abnormal deposits.
Bursa is a pocket located in the largest friction on bony prominences. To mitigate this, the bag of connective tissue filled with synovial fluid a viscous consistency. It is a kind of shock absorber movements, a hydraulic cushion. Such "devices" in the human body more than 100, respectively, and the risk of developing bursitis in the appearance of precipitating factors is very large.Etiology bursitis
Bursitis of the joints is an inflammatory disease, which can be an infection or mechanical tissue damage (impact, friction, regular physical activity). In the first case of infectious bursitis occurs, in the second case – aseptic bursitis.
Infection that caused a diagnosis of bursitis, may be caused by:
- direct infection through a wound,
- of infection with blood (called hematogenous infection),
- of infection with the lymph (lymphogenous infection).
In addition, the inflammation around the joint capsule (bursitis) can cause, for example, furuncle, carbuncle or erysipelas inflammation.
Bursitis of the joint can also occur as a complication of viral diseases (angina, SARS, flu).
Among the reasons, according to which there is bursitis of the joint, it should also be noted allergic reactions and intoxication. This explains why the diagnosis bursitis treatment includes cleansing the body of toxins and improvement of self-purification of the body (mucous membranes of the intestines, lymphatic system, kidneys, liver), herbal therapy, physiotherapy, reflexology. These methods not only increase the efficacy of local therapeutic effects, but also provide long-term and complex health effects.
Some experts highlight the following causes of bursitis:
- violation of metabolism, for example, when the sores;
- calcined tendons and the surrounding areas;
- injuries to the Bursa, the patella or the surrounding tendons;
- damage to or pathological changes of the skin in the region of the joint, leading to penetration of infection into the Bursa. This can happen by careless cutting of corns and plantar callosity;
- an Allergy causes an overabundance of antibodies. In the acute phase of the immune response basophils secrete a variety of mediators of inflammation;
- poisoning (toxins into the blood, poison the tissues);
- autoimmune diseases. The immune system produces antibodies against healthy tissue.
Excessive load on the joints is very common. They are typical, for women who love to walk in high heels, men wearing heavy all full of people. If bursitis develops as a complication of another disease, treatment is complex. Arthritis inflammation about the joint capsule is shifted from the joint with osteomyelitis from bone marrow.Common symptoms of bursitis
The main symptom of bursitis is swelling in the region of the injured area of the body.
Symptoms of bursitis include a definition round limited patient swelling, elastic consistency, fluctuation, on the site of the anatomic position of the bag. This swelling can have a diameter of about eight or ten inches.
There are such symptoms of bursitis:
- accumulation in the Bursa of excess fluid – exudate
- pain syndrome – aching, shooting, strong, throbbing pain radiating to the limb. They are worse at night. This happens because much less of the stimuli that can distract the patient. When people long to be in the stillness, swelling increases and the pain too.
- contracture of the joint. The limited movement appears due to pain, swelling and deposits of lime salts in the walls of the bag.
- edema– accumulation of fluid in the inter cellular space as a consequence of hyperosmia.
- redness of the skin – redness. Caused due to skin tension, e thinning, blood flow to the inflamed area.
- raising the local or General body temperature to 40
- General malaise, weakness
- increase the surrounding lymph nodes
The reason for going to the clinic is usually pain and limited movements. Methods of diagnosis of bursitis:
- the survey, collection of complaints and anamnesis;
- computed tomography;
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- puncture with laboratory studies of recovered fluid;
- arthrography – endoscopy of the knee;
- General blood test to detect signs of inflammation;
- angiography of blood vessels to determine the extent of inflammation.
Diagnosis of certain types of bursitis is complicated by the fact that their symptoms similar to other inflammatory diseases. An example is arthritis - inflammation of the joint and synovitis is its shell. In addition, these pathologies can occur simultaneously. In this case, to identify the root cause quite difficult.
Depending on the test results, the orthopedist prescribes treatment. But most often, diagnosis is sufficient only visual methods and palpation.
To diagnose bursitis help simple tests:
The doctor asks the patient to try to have his hand behind his head while combing hair.
The patient should undergo a bit on his haunches.
If you find soreness and limited movement, then the probability of the disease increases. The farther from the surface of the body located inflamed bag, the harder it is for the technician to diagnose. But no matter how deep you hid the hearth, when pressure is applied the patient will feel pain.
Common symptoms of inflammation of the synovial bags differ little from the characteristics of other similar diseases. Nevertheless, it is important to be examined by a specialist in order to differentiate this disease and begin treatment.Complications of bursitis
Bursitis of the joint can occur as acute, sub acute, chronic or relapsing disease. Different may be the character of the exudate – serous, seroplastic, purulent, purulent-hemorrhagic.
The main complications that threat bursitis of the joint, suppurative arthritis, suppurative phlegmonous bursitis. Further progression of the disease could pose a threat to life. In these cases, septic bursitis can be shown partial or complete removal of the joint capsule.How to treat bursitis of the joint
When the diagnosis of bursitis treatment is complex and is carried out individually, including anti-inflammatory and immuno-modulating therapy treatment procedures (acupuncture, acupressure, physio therapy).
The goals of treatment bursitis:
- to eliminate inflammation, swelling and pain in the joint,
- to restore mobility.
Treatment of bursitis of the joint allows to eliminate symptoms, improve quality of life, eliminating the inflammatory process and prevent complications.
It is also important that when the diagnosis of chronic bursitis the treatment is done without surgery.
When the diagnosis of a bursitis treatment using a surgical intervention is shown only in the most complicated and advanced cases the inflammatory process.
Treatment of chronic bursitis using the introduction around the joint capsule of antibiotics inevitably has an adverse side effects and does not restore its own immune mechanisms. Integrated medicine, in contrast, directs its efforts to improve the local and General immunity, stimulating self repair mechanisms of the body.
As the treatment of other inflammatory diseases, treatment of bursitis in Oriental medicine includes methods that improve the immune system. These methods include physiotherapy, reflexology, assigned in the individual treatment.
The main therapeutic course in the treatment of bursitis can be complemented by individual physical therapy (physical therapy).Prevention of bursitis
- disinfection scratches, abrasions, small wounds, abrasions antiseptics;
- timely suppression of inflammation;
- the avoidance of congestion;
- correction of deformed joints;
- sports is tailored to the individual health index.
Immediately treating wounds disinfecting compositions, it is possible to significantly reduce the risk of infectious diseases. If there is inflammation, there is a strong likelihood that it will spread with the lymph and blood. Timely suppressing the disease, you can avoid many complications.
People who are prescribed the wearing of special shoes, special insoles, or tabs, it is impossible to neglect recommendations of experts.
There are following kinds of orthopedic products for different types of activities:
- orthoses for adjustable fixation of the hip and knee joints;
- bandage and sports orthosis for the knee joint and a Cup;
- and anti varicose compression hosiery with a device to facilitate inserting;
- the hip brace;
- bandage for fixation of the Achilles tendon;
- bandage and sporting a brace on the ankle;
- outlet brace of the first toe of the foot when not fixed valgus deformity;
- under - and napalechniki;
- lining and pad under the forefoot;
- the arch support;
- insole and the floor of the insole;
There are not only products useful for professional athletes, but also the means for correction of deformed joints. Orthopedic treatment is always complex and extended in time process. In severe cases, requires surgical intervention.